Welcome to Procurement
Welcome to University Procurement & Disposal unit
University Procurement and Disposal Unit is committed to facilitating the University’s mission of education and research through a fair and competitive procurement process, while complying with applicable laws, University policies and procedures and providing exemplary customer service to the University community. We look to leverage the university’s buying power, develop strategic and diverse supplier business relationships and implement cost-effective contracts that produce significant savings and value to the University community.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Office
It is the responsibility of the Procurement Office, in conjunction with all University departments, to promote the development of our infrastructure.
- Reviewing contracts, bids and specifications for goods and services.
- Consulting with all user departments to identify new products and services as well as improvements/changes in industry standards.
- Seeking new suppliers
- Using cost/benefit analysis to arrive at the correct sourcing decision; one that remains economically practical, reflects effective purchasing practices and satisfies the requirements of the user department.
- Making suppliers aware of the University’s Sustainable Procurement Policy.
- Utilizing the Sustainable Procurement checklist for use in University purchasing.
Responsibilities of Departments
- Departments should use the guideline for preferable products, specific to their department/mission or they should use campus agreements that cover the intended purchase. Factors that should be considered when determining the preferable good or service include, but are not limited to:
- Reduction of energy consumption
- Durability and maintenance requirements
- Ultimate disposal of the product
- Inform employees of their responsibilities under this policy; provide them with information about recycled products and environmental procurement opportunities.
- Submit new ideas or suggestions to the Procurement Office.
Address / Contact Info
Procurement & Disposal Unit
Main Campus, Ndejje Luwero
We are located in the Basement, Left Corner of the Engineering Block room seven
Mr. Kiweewa Samuel